Sales and Marketing is truly an integral part of the overall publishing process. After all, you want get your book into the hands of paying readers, don’t you? You also want to recoup your investment as soon as possible and hopefully make a return on it.
Our Author-centred Approach
At The Manuscript Publisher, we offer sales and marketing support that is based on our author-centred approach to publishing. This means that you own the stock of books and materials that are produced, once they have been paid for. You also retain copyright and all future publishing rights to your work. This is important because, as a self-published author, the right to profit from your work belongs to you and you alone. It is different with traditional publishing (i.e. the publishing house route). Here, you are signing over the right to profit from your work to someone else, usually for a defined period and in return for a payment of royalties on future sales (depending on circumstances, you may also receive an advance).
Marketing - the active and the passive approach
- Operation: Save Santa by D.T. Ihaza – an action-packed, adventure-laden Christmas tale for children and young adults –
- Hanly, a brief history of the noble name (at home and abroad) – first published history of the clan, from the earliest entries to the present day –
- Book Launch: Two Books by Michael Whelton
- SiarScéal Festival 2019
- Mark the Genius
Sales and Order Fulfilment Service
- We sell books through our online and print catalogues, as well as through other channels such as Amazon, eBay, etc.
- We buy books from you on a sale or return basis, at 35% trade discount (50% in the case of trade orders) and provide order fulfilment
- For e-books, we take 50% of income from sales but also undertake all the necessary e-book conversion, marketing and promotion using Kindle Direct Publishing, Smashwords and other e-publishing platforms
- We issue you with twice-yearly sales reports, in June and December. Payments are issued within 28 days by cheque, EFT, PayPal.
Marketing and Campaign Management
- Listing on Nielsens Book Data, accessible to bookshops, wholesalers and distributors, libraries and their suppliers, publishers worldwide
- Listing on Amazon and other online bookshops and retailers; assistance in setting yourself up as an Amazon Seller
- When your book is published, we will announce it to the world and to your target audience via press releases, e-mail circulars, social media campaigns to book buyers, bookshops, libraries, book clubs, newspapers and media outlets, writing and literary groups throughout Ireland, Great Britain, North America, the English-speaking world
- We actively promote books through both popular and niche social networking and social media websites, including Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn
- Help you to Managing your Web Presence as an an author, writer, independent publisher, including your own, free-hosted website for as little as €250 (no hosting fees, ever!)
- Advertising and sales copywriting service
- Press, publicity, PR services and advice including access to our media contacts database that includes local, national, international media
- Crafting of press releases with targeted delivery to local, national, international media
- Online advertising and marketing – search engine marketing, pay per click advertising, social networking tools, etc.
- Integrated campaign management including direct mail, e-mail marketing, social media, advertising, PR, etc.
- Design and printing of posters, leaflets, fliers, business cards, bookmarks, etc.
- Web design, video editing, slideshow presentations and preparation of other audio-visual materials
- Help with preparing and hosting your own book launch
- Other opportunities specific to your project.
Managing Your Web Presence: your home on the web
Directory of Writing and Publishing Resources
Business Mentoring and Support
For more information about our Sales and Marketing support services, even if you have already published your book, please Contact Us.